Here to Help
The first 48 hours following a fire incident are crucial in determining whether your property and personal belongings can be restored or will need to be replaced. SERVPRO's 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines are designed to minimize long-term issues caused by fire damage. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals offer prompt mitigation services, including fire, smoke, and soot removal, contents claims inventory, and document restoration. These services aim to restore your property, belongings, and cherished memories to their preloss condition whenever possible. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available round the clock, 365 days a year, to help you regain control swiftly. In the meantime, you can follow these steps until a service provider like SERVPRO arrives:
- Limit movement within your home to prevent the spread of soot particles and further damage.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, high traffic areas, and upholstery.
- Apply petroleum jelly or oil to chrome faucets, trim, and appliances.
- Insert aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Avoid washing walls or painted surfaces.
- Refrain from shampooing carpets or upholstery.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical equipment.
- Avoid sending clothing to a dry cleaner, as improper cleaning methods may set the smoke odor.